Sunday, October 25, 2009

My next 30 years....

Well the big 3-0 came and now it's almost 20 days later and amazingly enough I'm still alive ... I thought about doing a 30 countdown of things I wanted to do before I turned 30, but alas Father time came and stole my days and has left me without my 30 things countdown. I'm not sure why 30 was/ is so hard for me. I think if I was honest with myself it has alot to do with where I wanted to be when I turned 30. I started feeling a little sorry for myself had a whole list of things I wanted- finically stable, home, kids, studio... you get the picture. And well, it hasn't happened but I had the thought that there are many things I've been able to do and accomplish and that list made me think maybe 30 isn't so bad-

3 comments:

Janet said...

Happy late birthday, birthday twin. Thirty wasn't that hard for me, but I'm not looking forward to 40, which is coming way too quickly!

Emily said...

Yay I'm glad you're back to blogging! Congrats to Brian on the honor roll!! I totally hear you about the 30th birthday thing. I gave instructions that we would not be celebrating mine, so we didn't- no cake or presents or any fuss. As far as I'm concerned I'm 28...again and again! :)

TheKeilShpeel said...

YOU"RE OLD!!!!! j/k .. I don't want to get there either.. but look at how much you have accomplished. You got married, you have a family, you finished college, you have a great job. Things are perfect but you have plenty of time. There are a lot of us that wish we had things settled by the age 30 but I think 40 is the new 3 :) .