Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Camping Fallen Leaf Tahoe


Now this place just might be heaven on earth. We live in an area surrounded by Oak trees- Now for many this would be a source of joy- however for me I hate them. They look dead to me, and unfortunately the fact that they DON'T change colors doesn't help them. I love Fall. I love everything about it. So when some friends asked us to go camping I was ecstatic! COLOR! We had so much fun at Fallen Leaf. Ty loves camping so he was in heaven. Our friends had brought along an extra bike with them- why I didn't think to bring his I don't know- but Ty loved it. We went on a beautiful hike to a lake, walked to the river where there were seriously hundreds of beautiful red salmon and rainbow trout (too bad we aren't fish eaters...), star gazed, had coyotes in camp, had to lock our food in a bear locker (that means the rangers mean business...), and just had a whole lot of fun! Just what the doctor ordered.


6 comments:

Janet said...

That looks beautiful! Next time, take me with you :)

Annie said...

I think you might be right! Looks like heaven to me.

Grammyzanne said...

That has got to be one of the most gorgeous landscape pictures I've seen. Sounds and looks like a fun weekend.

Brianne & Jarod said...

Oh girl..talk about missing the fall. Do NOT come to Texas..it is depressing, ugly, humid, and well nothing of what I love about this time of year! (does the fact that I am 38 weeks pregnant have any effect on my opinion??...NAH..it sucks here!) Soooo glad you got to go to such a beautiful place!

TheKeilShpeel said...

those colors are beautiful. Looks like a great time

Kim and Jim said...

I haven't been on a good camping trip in years- I'm not sure how that has happened, considering the fact that we practically live at a campground... next summer we'll definitely have to get out more!