Sunday, May 3, 2009

Parkway Half Marathon



So I'm not sure why I thought a half marathon would be a good idea- but I did. So I signed everyone up- Mom & Dad Butler, Riley, Kaitlin, Kevin, Brian and I. (Ty of course came along for the ride) Ok ok so I know why I encouraged everyone to do it-
1. It's a huge accomplishment
2. You KNOW you can do hard things
3. You can't be a sissy
4. It humbles you, pushes you, and tells you who you are
5. my husband made me... I told Brian no babies until I ran another one and he thinks Ty needs a playmate
6. Cuz I like pain and to cause others pain (hee hee)
7. The walkway was beautiful
8. Free food, t-shirt, and medal
9. It seemed like a good idea at the time
10.It's not always about the finish but the people you meet and who you are with along the way, the sites you get to see along the path, and lessons you learn.

9 comments:

Brianne & Jarod said...

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO KATES! You are AMAZING!!

The Reeds said...

Good for you! I think that is wa cool. I just don't have the drive and dedication fot that. Hey do you remember the St. George Marathon? Your poor toes!

The Ormsby's said...

AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME!! Tell me to keep going, and that it's worth it. Just under 2 weeks left.

. said...

Way to go!

Ryan and Erin said...

Oh no no no, I didn't really delete you guys! I actually started going off google reader and so it updates me the second you post. I started deleting names off the blogroll but then I realized some friends and family members sometimes use our blogroll to check up on others. So there you have it. We love you guys and OF COURSE we'd love to play!!!

Emily said...

holy smokes, lady! Good job...and good job suckering the fam to suffer with you. I have yet to even run a 5k. Maybe after the baby- You'll be my inspiration. Now about that baby thing. . . I agree with Brian! :)

Austin's Mommy said...

Way to go! I am a sissy. I can't run to save my life!

Kim and Jim said...

This brings back memories from St George! I admire you for doing these marathons, you are amazing! And, I also have to agree with Brian- there's nothing better than being able to sit and have a few minutes to yourself while the kids entertain eachother. Ty definitely needs a little playmate :) Maybe one of these days, if I ever get our of pregnancy / breastfeeding / newborn mode, I will follow your example and run a marathon as well. Jim keeps talking about wanting to do one...

Rodriguez Family said...

you go girl! you're my inspiration, b/c I get out of breath just running to the fridge! and you have such cute babies, why would you want to wait? HA!!