Sunday, April 25, 2010

THE BIG 03

What do you get when you cross a crazy mom and a funny dad.... 142 balloons.

I don't really know what we were thinking, but one day T got a balloon from the grocery store and was so enamored with it that I got the thought what would he do if he woke up to a room full of balloons. That then got me thinking, well
his b'day is coming up soon what if we did it for his b'day. So we rented a small helium tank and bought a bag of balloons and this is what we
got.... We woke up at 6:30 am (too early!!!) with a "Mommy come look there's balloons in my
room" He LOVED it. This is what I found when I
came into his room. It was definitely worth the $30 helium rental. As you can see even though we used helium grade balloons they didn't stay
all up, but most did and he loved it. Since it was just us this week we decided to let him open his presents first thing in the morning. He got an RC car and a chef's coat. Both which all day we'd hear I love my c car AND my chef coat.... It was great to have actually gotten him gifts that he liked.


We had invited 2 of T's friends over to a very impromptu party- we went to the castle park, came back and played outside, had yummy hamburgers and fries, and of course a fire truck cake. His friends were so cute, Dan gave him a monster truck that he won't let out of his sight and Max gave him a zhu zhu pet that he's also had fun with. All in all I think he had himself a pretty great birthday.





6 comments:

Brianne & Jarod said...

LOVE the cake! The balloon idea was awesome too!! Happy Happy Birthday Ty man!

Joanne said...

A three year old will remember his third birthday - and what a birthday to remember! Such a cute little boy - I'm so glad you share him with us in your great blogs.

TheKeilShpeel said...

Happy Birthday Ty. All those balloons are awesome.

Grammyzanne said...

Sounds like a fantastic birthday. Certainly one to make a three year old feel special!

Kim and Jim said...

WOW that little man is looking so big! The balloons made me think of the UP movie :) It's one of Aspen's favorites right now. And, I love the cake! You are so creative with your cakes. I need to start doing something more than just colored sprinkles on the cakes.

Emily said...

What fun parents!! I see lots of people do these crazy elaborate parties when all a kid WANTS is tons of balloons and a few friends! Good job. :)