Thursday, January 7, 2010

Merry Christmas!

I know I know it's the 7th and I'm just catching up on Christmas... it was wonderful, and crazy, and busy all at the same time. We had the whole Butler clan in the house for Christmas- 17 adults, 3 kiddos, 5 dogs, and 1 cat (almost a partridge in a pear tree) Christmas morning was a little chaotic but 3 hours later we were done unwrapping presents. T man loved opening presents and helped everyone open theirs too. Glad everyone was a good sport for that! The winner of the gifts was a $4 Goodwill vacuum. (not his big gift of course... he told me he hated it.... a kids digital camera- he liked it for about 3.2 seconds oh well whatcha going to do) He did gets lots of other toys that he loved! It was fun to play with family and see the cousins interact with each other. I think one of the best purchases we made this year was a $25 kids nativity from Amazon. It's like the Little People ones but I'm not sure that it is. Ty loved playing with it and I hope it helped teach him a little bit more about the real reason we celebrate Christmas. It was fun to see where Baby Jesus was from day to day- brown sugar bucket (he was hungry mommy) the tub, (He was dirty), and the angel did NOT go on top, the shepherd did... I didn't get a Christmas card out this year so I hope everyone had a wonderful and safe Christmas.

2 comments:

Rodriguez Family said...

that's the most attractive Mrs. Claus I've ever seen!

Krista said...

I love your insert about the partridge in a pear tree.
Glad you had a nice Christmas. HOpe your new year is nice too.