Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Day two

Ty's body finally gave up around 4:30 am and fell asleep for 3 hours. The most sleep Brian and I got all night.Ty finally was able to start drinking and even eating his fav hotdogs. G'ma was a lifesaver as she took Ty with her to breakfast and an extra long bath so that Brian and I could get a little more sleep with the long drive we had ahead of us. We finally got everything together and out to our cars. I said my tearful goodbye to my mom. Ty made sure to give me lots of hugs as we pulled away to let me know how much he loved me. I thought Brian was playing with the Ipod when he radioed me to see where I was, just waiting on him outside the hotel. He couldn't get the van to start.... and this was the beginning of our groundhog day... After about 5 hours of trying to jump the van ourselves and having the Budget truck dealer come and then roadside assistance we were finally able to get the truck to start. IF we'd known then what we were in store for we would've taken off and never looked back, but as it was we didn't. The roadside guy said it would be better if we let it charge all night so we did. We got another hotel room, went to good ol walmart and got swim diapers and swimsuit for T and some food. We had fun that night playing with G'ma some more, going swimming, Ty even slept with G'ma so Brian and I could get some good sleep. Frustrating day for sure but very grateful Mom S was there to help us!!!! I often like to think I can do it on my own but I know I couldn't have the last 2-3 days.

2 comments:

Brianne & Jarod said...

Oh Kates...how I wish I could help you, comfort you, and tell you that everything will be alright! Although I know that Mama S was probably good for that! I hope Ty is ok...and that you are resting from your stressful adventure! Love ya!!

Ryan and Erin said...

I'm so glad you survived!