Thursday, January 15, 2009

Day Eight

We got up and left Winnemucca at 5:30 am and the Angel's sang hallelujah

and then we got to Reno....

I'm not sure if we got lucky and got to work with all the "special" people at Budget or if they only hire them but we were met at Reno with what we lovingly call a dee de dee (For instance Brian walks into the store and asks the guy if he knows if the moving crew is here or not. The employee's response I don't know you'll have to call the 1800 number.... it only got better)

Budget was suppose to call the national moving company and have movers at the truck at 7:30, instead they called us at 7:30 to say they were getting ready to call the movers to see when they could come. Budget said they would send a crew of around 4-6 people... we had 2 guys at 10 am and their "fast" was Tyler's crawl... (Ty doesn't crawl so you can only imagine)

Brian gave the movers a B- they were actually stronger than they looked and didn't do too bad. We only had to put the box spring and a few pots in the 4Runner. And they did get it all done in 3- 3.5 hours.

OK so I don't know if my expectations are too high so you tell me:
I went with Ty to a resort to get a room for the day (It was 35 degrees outside, and he did NOT want to stay in the car while we waited all morning (we were there waiting at 7:30) Anyways I walk into this resort thinking to myself uh-oh I should probably go somewhere else it's probably too pricey. Talk to the front desk she says $45 plus tax I think to myself hey it's better than the 126 we were paying in Winnemucca...

SO I drag Ty and what I need to keep him busy for a few hours up to our room all the while he pees on me cuz his diaper is too full.

Get upstairs the room STINKS, there is something crusty on the floor, there's no liners in the trash can, no pool, and NO Wi-FI (Even motel 8 advertised free we-fi in WINNEMUCCA!) Have you guys ever heard of a resort that doesn't have a pool? AND later on when Brian was giving Ty a bath and drying him off he found a "poop" stain on the towel that didn't come from Ty.... needless to say they gave us 50% discount but I was still pretty upset and the manager wouldn't come talk to me. I think that for 4 hours and the towel they should've given us a full discount, but again I might have too high of expectations.

We finally made it back to CA around 6:30 pm it seems that two of my plants died on the trip (thanks to Budgets wonderful time frame) other than that everything seems to have made it safely into our storage unit.

I am grateful this trial I mean trip is done....

7 comments:

. said...

All I can say is wow! What an experience?!? It is great that you journaled it on the blog, one day you will be able to laugh about it, hopefully! :) I guess the old saying is true, what doesn't kill us, only makes us stronger!!!

Emily said...

Whew! I recently found a quote I really like- "experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted!" Not quite sure what "experience" ya'll have now- you were already so patient so I guess I'll leave it up in the air for now. Sorry about your plants, but glad you made it. I am also sorry about the creepy resort. Eeew!

Grammyzanne said...

If this were a fictional story I wouldn't bother - that doesn't REALLY happen. BUT it DOES!!! Maybe you can look on the bright side - at least no one stole your things.

I do hope Budget comes thru with compensation for motel stays in Winnemucca and Reno and a food allowance and compensation for your plants. And lost wages (cause you are on the road - or should I say on the side of the road - and the move took about a week longer than it should have).

And what was the name of the resort in Reno - will want to know where I should avoid staying if needing to spend the night in Reno.

Glad you are at last in California and can get on with your lives.

How is Ty's mouth. Mouth wounds usually bleed profusely and heal quickly. Hope that is the case with Ty.

Laurel said...

I would have expected a refund as well! Stupid Nevadans....sheesh! Always trying to pull a fast one on the tourists. :) Glad you are home safely now.

Rodriguez Family said...

oh my Katie, I wish I had something great to say, but I still can't believe it! It sounds like a HORRIBLE movie!

The Breakwell Family said...

Wow, it sounds like you guys have been through a lot lately...to put it mildly. I was looking back at your posts and it is great to hear an update on you guys! I'm so glad to hear that the house got sold...as sad as we are to have you guys move. We wish you guys all the best in Northern California! Take Care and keep in touch. Our blog is breakwell.blogspot.com.

The Breakwell Family said...

Hey guys! Hope things are going well. We are goign to make our blog private at the end of this month and would like to get an invite to you. Could we get your email address? Send it to either lekkerzim@gmail.com or kimberlybreakwell@gmail.com. Thanks!