Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Sad day

The week of Thanksgiving we found out that Cleo (Brian's parent's English Bull Dog) and Tank (Our Boxer) had a "Barry White- Let's get it on..." moment that wasn't stopped as soon as we had hoped. After x-rays it was confirmed that Cleo was having puppies and not just getting fat. As a side note- did you know dogs only have a 9 week gestation period I think we should get that too... After a week of ups and downs Bulldogs have to have c-sections she went into the Vet. She had 10 puppies! Yikes ok so maybe I'll take the 1 baby and 9 months vs 10 puppies and 9 weeks... anyways unfortunately she lost one invetro. The Dr got the rest out and one by one they all stopped breathing. They think that because there were so many of them there wasn't enough room for them to grow properly.... I was mentally prepared to loose 2-3 but thought there would still 3-4 that would survive. I was ok until Brian described them to me, with lots of Tank in them.... I'll be honest that a part of me was relieved as we were not prepared for 10 pups, but sad. It has given T and I many interesting conversations about Heaven. It's amazing to me how much he does understand.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

That's so sad, did Tank survive? You're right it is amazing how these little people understand so much.

Emily said...

Even for a girl that doesn't like dogs, that's a sad sad day :( Sorry lady!!