Saturday, September 27, 2008

Bellingham Washington

Once upon a time (earlier this month) a sister we'll call Amanda (cuz that's her name..) moved far far away (to Alaska). Because of her boss (and we all know how wells fargo boss's are...) wasn't able to leave with enough time to drive the Jetta up to AK to start her new adventure. So one day not too long ago (last thursday) Brian being the super hero that he is saved his sister from the evil rental car companies. We went for our morning jog (it's very important that I add this in because I need to everyone to clap their hand and say yeah for the retard I mean exercise.. and if you will please imagine me with my big fake smile... here on known as BFS) anyways super Brian and his wonderful sidekick got changed packed the car, made a few reservations grabed 16 diaper, 3 swim diapers, and 2 overnight diapers and a bag of cheetos. ****Please do not forget the cheetos on a road trip with your 16 month old could lead to disaster*** Anyways so the adventure began- we drove about 9 hours to Portland, missed the hotels right before Portland and had to keep going to Vancouver WA. We only had about 4 more hours of driving so we lounged around went swimming with T, ate breakfast and then hit the road again. PS If I forget to mention it later on Washington- BEAUTIFUL! I could live there for sure. We made it to Bellingham in good time and was able to get to our room and get a rental car before dropping the Jetta off on the Ferry to AK. (Also FYI you can't physically drive to Alaska- never knew that...) anyways Super Brian, Little T and Sidekick KT made it, had lots of fun, and lots of laughs. We flew back to CA the next day and felt like we'd been gone along time. Here's some fun pix of TY driving. He made friends everywhere we went, he was such a sport and we lived Happily Ever After. The end.

Oh yes those are cheetos in his toes... he refused to eat them any other way for about an hour or so.. don't ask me maybe he thought he was a monkey???

6 comments:

TheKeilShpeel said...

I love that you had to have cheetos. Kyle just barely started liking them last week, actually. That's a LONG drive. I too didn't know you couldn't drive to Alaska..huh? Guess you learn something new everyday. I love the post.. it made me laugh. :)

Rodriguez Family said...

holy smokes! what an adventure! The familiar blankie in the picture made me chuckle (along with the cheetos on his toes on course!) Ty is looks so BIG! love your guts

Grammyzanne said...

Sounds like a fun adventure! (Yes Washington IS beautiful. I was going to graduate from college then teach in Washington or Oregon. Instead I met Richard and went east.)

Andrea said...

Sounds like a ton of fun!! I love the cheetos! So excited to see you guys in a couple of weeks! YAY!

Partridge Family said...

You should have stayed with Aaron and Julie they only live 45 minutes north of Portland!
You guys are amazing to travel that far with a 16 month old. Yep, you are my heros for the day.

Brianne & Jarod said...

Cheetos on the toes... gotta love it! What a "FUN" family adventure...although you know how I feel about those, I am glad there are some who are willing :) You guys are great!!