Friday, March 28, 2008

It's only been a month..

Sorry to everyone out there, hope you haven't given up on us and our blog. It's just been a crazy couple of weeks and if I didn't write then everything that's happening wasn't reality. My creative director for the magazine called me and said that the company was having budget cuts. I could either fire my partner and do it all myself or  we could take a monthly $1000 pay cut... I didn't think it was right to save myself and let Kristy fend for herself, so we stuck to our guns and told them it was both at the same pay or neither of us. So our house is on the market (if anyone is looking, its new. 3 bed 2.5 bath, lots of upgrades, in a good neighborhood....) Brian and I went to the Temple and prayed a whole lot as to what we should do. We felt that we are to move to CA. We don't know when, depends on when the house sells here and when Brian gets a job out there. It'll be in the Northern areas around El Dorado Hills and Folsom. We, well I, am really sad to move. I love my house and neighbors and the area we live, but the song that I just have to keep singing is I will go, I will do the things the Lord commands. I know the Lord provides a way He wants be to obey... just as an interesting side note, this all happened about 3-4 weeks ago, and just yesterday we got a call that my boss doesn't want to loose us and so we still have our jobs at our normal pay, but we know we've got to go. So I'll just keep working until the house sells or the end of the Magazine year. Interesting what happens when you stick to your guns and stick up for yourself... Anyone is CA looking for a good photographer :)  

8 comments:

Brianne & Jarod said...

Did I mention that you could say hello to my old friend BRET when you move there?? He totally lives in El Dorado Hills :)

Rodriguez Family said...

I'm glad you don't have to worry about your job for a while, but we're really going to miss you being so close!

Rodriguez Family said...

I'm glad you don't have to worry about your job for a while, but we're really going to miss you being so close!

Kim and Jim said...

California? Whoa, wait, that's way too far for a game night. I guess if it happens, we'll just have to make it a weekend trip every now and again! I'll really hate to see you go, though! :(

Anonymous said...

Folsom, El Dorado Hills - the gold country. Hope you find your golden opportunity there.

Richard, Janet and I went to the Sacramento area last summer on our way to South Lake Tahoe. It has grown tremendously since my family was there in the 60's. It was good to be back. Richard said he could understand why I loved it so.

In one of her books, Sis. Dew advised us to pray for what we wanted or something better. Looks like "something better" is in store for you -not sure exactly what but something.

TheKeilShpeel said...

Good luck on everything. We know how you feel. I know He is looking out for you guys, just like he's looking out for us. It's hard not knowing what's going to happen but, trust Him.

The Ormsby's said...

Good luck. Sounds like you're off on an adventure! Be brave, and keep trusting the Lord. I'm sure he's got a great plan for your family. We're gonna miss ya though. Thank goodness for blogs huh? Love ya.

Emily said...

We'll continue to pray for you guys...you know it will all work out though. But on a side note, are you up for camping in No. Cal sometime...I guess whenever you move and whenever we make it out there? I hear there's a lot of great camping spots. :)