Saturday, February 7, 2009

Survivor 18th B'day Party

With everything going on around the shoehouse lately I volunteered to help Riley and Kelly host their 18th birthday party. When I suggested the theme I never thought about the actual survival part of the party :) They invited about 30 16/17/18 year olds had around 23 show 6 of which had not been invited... but over all good showing. We had planned for outside survivor games, but got rained out, so plan B- inside, lots of chaos, no longer 2 teams because of room restraints, and no real enthusiasm for games... gotta love teens! But I think over all they had a good time, I made in my opinion a pretty darn good cake (both in taste and look), Brian made wonderful kabobs and VIRGIN daiquiris, and no one died.... if anyone needs or wants ideas for their own party let me know I got a list of what I thought were fun games.

4 comments:

. said...

What a cute idea! You are ultra talented. Have you ever thought of going into a party business? I know the timing may not be great, with the economy going haywire, but you could put a great spin on it, plus there is not a lot of up-front costs....just a thought!!

P.S. - Sorry to hear about the house, but remember, things happen for reasons!!! Hang in there!

Andrea said...

I bet the twins really appreciated your guys help with that. I am glad to hear it went well. Love ya.

Brianne & Jarod said...

VERY cute cake Kates!

Jenny R said...

Love the cake! Sorry about the rain but sounds like you made do. :)