Saturday, June 28, 2008

A few more things Brian forgot to mention

I got up this morning before Brian, so used to Ty waking us up that it's kinda weird to wake up on my own... anyways I thought I would add to his about the last couple of weeks or months... My parents flew in from Norway just before we went out to CA for the reunion so we were able to spend lots of time when we returned (especially with Brian not having a job.) It was beautiful up there, so peaceful and green.
 
The dogs loved running all over the property while Brian, Dave, and my Dad worked on building a dog run. Ty, Mom and I spent lots of time outside planting flowers, weeding, and then replanting all the flowers Ty unplanted.... if you could only imagine how hard it was to get upset with him when he brought me the flowers with a sheepish smile and a hug. Argh he's figuring out how to work me... Ty was definitely in heaven with bugs, dirt, water, dirt, bubbles, dogs, dirt, flowers, dirt did I mention dirt? ha ha He has also discovered how to climb on everything, that he likes the chocolate syrup bottles (why isn't his bottle like that?), and eating corn-dogs and grapes my the handfuls.

(corn-dog stick in mouth, fishing with a pole from a basket, and chocolate syrup)

Later on my brother Dan and his family came up to ID. We had lots of fun going to Willow Flats and roasting hot dogs and marshmallows and sticking our feet in the water and of course when us big kids left the grandkids and went and played in the mud...  

3 comments:

Brianne & Jarod said...

All I can think about is dirt...a pool inside a house???...chocolate everywhere...dirt...ARRRGGGHHHH I think I am going to have a heart attack. How DO YOU DO IT! (Isaac is going to have a deprived life!)

Kim and Jim said...

Dirt- a kid's best friend! That, and water- what a combination.

The Reeds said...

Hey I remember that place. Looks like you guys had a great time. He is a true boy. My little boy loves all of the same things.