Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Goodnight house goodnight mouse

It's really only appropriate that I'm here alone in my house for the very last night I own her. It's a bitter sweet goodbye- it's been a long road with buyers not showing, buyers backing out, mortgage companies taking their time, lenders taking their time. But it is official at 9 AM tomorrow morning I sign the papers over to the new owners. It's strange to me a person can cry so much over something as silly as a house, but it is the beginning of so many thing, the end of many others and so with that I say from the book Good Night Moon:
Goodnight room
goodnight moon
goodnight cow jumping over the moon
goodnight light and the red balloon
goodnight bears goodnight chairs
goodnight kittens goodnight mittens
goodnight clocks and goodnight socks
goodnight little house and goodnight mouse
goodnight comb and goodnight brush
goodnight nobody goodnight mush
and goodnight to the old lady whispering "hush"
goodnight stars, goodnight air
goodnight noises everywhere.

7 comments:

Emily said...

Sad day! It's not silly to cry over a house....a commercial on the radio, perhaps, but a house-definitely not. :) I love your guts and am glad it is FINALLY official!! A bittersweet congratulations!

Rachel Murdock said...

I'm happy sad for you :) I know how you feel. We just moved into my parent's basement and renters are moving into our house this weekend. It's a relief to get it rented, but sad that it's not our house anymore.

TheKeilShpeel said...

I know it's gotta be hard not to have that beautiful home but at the same time, I know you've been through a lot with it and I'm glad that stress is now gone. :)

The Ormsby's said...

Congrats. I cry too. But we know I cry over just about everything. I'm sad you are no longer connected to Utah. But so glad that you don't have this little black rain cloud hanging over you anymore.

The Breakwell Family said...

I am sure that it has been a bittersweet experience for you guys. I'm really happy to know that you have finally sold your house after such a long ordeal. We hope that you guys are doing well in No. California!

Bonnie said...

Love the new look! No it's not strange to cry. So many memories and so much life took place there it's normal to feel sad at moving on. I cried over the first few houses but admit that I don't get attached to the house anymore just the memories contained inside.

Kim and Jim said...

Congrats on selling! What a great feeling, even though it does come with a few tears. I'll admit, I also shed a few, knowing that you guys officially won't be moving back for now. It has been such a long process for you guys to get the house sold though! Miss you already!!
Kim